Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bourke St Bakery & The Book Kitchen


My first visit to Bourke St Bakery - found the expected lines, but these did go quickly and I found out why when I stepped into the store and was immediately pressured to choose my pastry! Here tis: Ricotta, plum and almond tart ($4). Not anything amazing, but I did like the crisp pastry, just like that of a Portuguese tart!Thought I'd save it for after dinner, but look what mum brought home. Selection of cakes from 85 degrees - a Japanese cake shop near the George Street Cinemas. Now how was I meant to choose? Well of course I didn't - choose that is - I had a bit of each! :)
Oh and just for the sake of documenting it on my "food journal", and to remind myself to go back for the yummy-looking muffins - Y and I also went for some juice at Book Kitchen - if we weren't so full from Orange Grove markets, I would have ordered the ricotta pancakes also! I was happy with my "sunshine juice" ($5) - OJ with honey is quite a good combination. They took ages making it tho!

No comments: